Information for Parents
Our children are our treasure and therefore, we must nurture them in a safe and secure environment. As a parent you play a pivotal role in your child’s learning. We want to work with you and therefore, this page has been created to help you understand the duties and responsibilities. No one can do the big thing of being a parent on their own, but together we can help our children learn better and faster, be safe, strong and thrive. All the parents are requested to get informed the following:
- All the students must wear a clean and well- ironed uniform prescribed by the school while they come to school and on all school functions & related activities.
- Boys must wear ash color shirt (full or half sleeves depending upon the season) with school logo and ash color pant in the summer. Boys from class VI to X must wear blue color blazer with school logo & ash color sweater in the winter. Boys from kindergarten level to class 5 must wear full sleeve ash color sweater with school logo or blue color jacket with school logo in the winter. Low hip pants are not allowed. Blazer is compulsory from class VI to X.
- Girls must wear ash color shirt (full or half sleeves depending upon the season) with school logo, ash color skirt (minimum two inches below knee) or full pant, ash color bloomers, ribbon (red, blue, yellow and green as per student house group) all the times. Girls from kindergarten to class 5 must wear full sleeve sweater with school logo or blue color jacket with school logo in the winter. Girls class VI to X must wear blue color blazer & ash color sweater with school logo in the winter. Blazer is compulsory from class VI to X.
- Students must wear blue color track suit with school logo and name on certain day specified by the school.
- Students must wear school belt, badge and tie of the design and color specified by the school.
- Students must wear black leather shoes with laces (flat shoes, not boots) and ash color socks. Flimsy sandals, high heel and sharp pointed and boot shoes are strictly prohibited.
- Shoes must be regularly polished and socks washed.
- Students must wear white canvas shoes, white socks, team vest and blue track suit for games.
- Boys must have very simple hair style and be short, well-trimmed and combed.
- Girls must have simple two plait type hairstyle with ribbon.
Punctuality and Attendance
- Punctuality is extremely important to be successful. We request all parents to organize their household works in a way that ensures their children can reach school on time.
- Persistent late arrival to school is not accepted at all. This results a child being out of learning activities and continually having to try and catch up with peers.
- Attendance carries 5% of the total marks. Therefore, persistent absence in the school will affect student’s grade. We encourage children to be regularly present in the school unless they are sick. If they are sick, parents are required to inform the school management as soon as possible.
- Student’s absenteeism due to a reason that he/she does not feel like coming to school is worrying. We work with parents to encourage children to be motivated and happy at school and not to keep them at home unless it is really necessary.
Jewelry, Valuable Goods, Money and Cell Phone
- We have strictly prohibited wearing jewelry of any kind and carrying valuable goods in the school. School will not be responsible if they are lost in the school premises.
- We have also forbidden students to come to school with more than necessary amount of money.
- Carrying cell phone in the school is strictly prohibited.
- Parents/Guardians are requested to send their children to school with fresh food for lunch and safe drinking water.
- Fast food items like noodles, samosa, chowmin, mo:mo, and junk food items like kurkure, cheese balls, lays, chewing gum, juice cartons like ‘Real’, ‘Licchi’ etc. are not allowed to bring in the school.
- Kindergarten and primary level students are encouraged to have lunch in a school cafeteria run by school management and lower secondary and secondary level students are required to have lunch in the school canteen.
Birthday in School
- We celebrate our students’ birthday ( from kindergarten to Class II ) in the school and make him feel special through a variety of activities such as singing happy birthday or a favorite song, making birthday cards or making sure that the birthday girl or boy has special privileges. If you would like to bring in small food items such as fruits or breads or biscuits for your child to share with the classmates, you are welcome to do so. Please do not bring chocolate or sweets.
- In case your child becomes ill during the day or has serious accident in the school premises, we will take all the necessary actions to ensure your child is safe and cared for and will contact you as earliest as possible.
- You need to update us your contact details if there are any changes in your contact details, particularly your mobile number.
- Should it be necessary for your child to take medicine during school hours, we are happy to administer medicine to your child supplied by you.
- You need to take care of your child’s personal care such as washing, dressing and personal cleanliness and appearance before sending him/her to the school.
- You need to get your child’s health checked up by a registered doctor regularly.
School Visit and Parents Meeting
- You are requested to visit the school time to time and inquire about the academic performance, conduct and participation on extra-curricular activities of your child. You are requested to meet the class teacher, subject teachers and Discipline Incharge to know about your child’s academic performance and conduct.
- We always hear our parents and guardians and committed to working in partnership with parents. Therefore, we regularly organize parents meeting in the school to exchange and discuss the academic performance of your child, activities going on in the school to enhance the academic standard and related other activities. We would like to have your valuable feedback and input in this regard. You will also have the opportunity to meet with class teacher and subject teachers to discuss the progress of your child and other issues related to your child. Therefore, we urge all parents and guardians to compulsorily attend the meeting.
- We regularly conduct the games, music & dance performance and other academic and extra-curricular activities in our school. We invite all parents and guardians to come into the school and watch their child’s performance. We will send you an invitation letter to attend the school.
- If your child does not maintain school diary, do not write assignment/homework, neglects studies, does not do or hardly does homework, tells a lie that there is no homework, does not do read every morning, disobeys, quarrels, grumbles about the food given, lacks discipline, gets up late in the morning and any other issues related to child, please either pay a visit to the school office from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. or inform the school administration through telephone calls.
- We maintain a diary system to record the assignment and homework done by your child. Therefore, we request all parents and guardians to buy a school diary from the school and regularly check your child’s diary to see whether the homework has done and sign over the record.
- Internet has become a part and parcel of our everyday life. It has lots of pros if used properly and cons if misused. It is a place that children need to be kept safe and teach them how to use properly and appropriately for their academic learning. There are abundant online resources to get information about the safe and proper use of internet for your child. You are requested to visit the following link to get further information.
- Internet Matters: Provides information to parents regarding e-safety.
- Think You Know: Provides information to parents to protect your child from online abuse.
- Know It All : Provides information to parents about e-safety guide.
- You need to reinforce your child’s learning and understanding. If your child shows interest in a particular area of subject or matter, you have to help him to extend his learning. You need to explain the subject if you know that or visit a local museum or zoo to quench your child’s curiosity.
Show an Interest
- Please encourage your child to do homework and create a conducive environment in your home to read and write.
- Be an active participant in your child’s education by frequently visiting the school. This shows the value you put on their education. If you do not have time to visit school frequently, be an active participant by checking and signing your child’s diary, frequently visiting school website to know what is going on in school and frequently calling school to know your child’s performance.
School Code of Conduct and Discipline Policy