The following rules apply in our school as far as examination is concerned:
- As mentioned in the Academic Information, each academic year consists of four terminal examinations and the last examination is considered as the Final Examination. Besides these terminal examinations, we have continuous assessment as well to evaluate the students on ongoing basis. Some other additional examinations such as unit, monthly, and immediate tests will also be conducted. The weightage of each terminal examination will be as described in the Academic Information.
- The final examination will be a comprehensive examination and will cover the subject matter of entire academic year.
- Students need to appear in all the terminal examination to get promoted in the higher class. Those students who do not appear in 1st, 2nd and 3rd terminal examination will not be permitted to sit for the Final Exam and those students who fail to appear in the final examination will not be promoted to the higher class.
- Those students who malpractice in the examination will not be allowed to get promoted to higher class.
- Promotions are granted based upon the following criteria: A minimum satisfactory percentage for promotion into higher class is 40% in each subject for classes 1 to 5 and 45% for classes 6 to 10. Those students who have not secured the minimum satisfactory percentage have to repeat the same class.
- The schedule of each terminal examination will be posted in the school website, notice board and also given to parents and students about 3 weeks in advance. And all the dues of school must be settled down before examinations as per the school rules. Otherwise, he/she will not be permitted to sit for the examinations. Usually, the Oral Exams of Nursery start one week before every exam.
- The answer copies of 1st, 2nd and 3rd terminal examinations will be provided to parents/guardians to review the performance of their child and have to return to the Exam Incharge within 14 days. The answer copy of final examination can be shown to the parent/guardian/student upon written request to the Exam Incharge.
- Guardians can contact the school authorities for the mistakes detected in their children's answer copies within 5 days of the publication of results. Necessary steps will be taken in this matter. However, the final results once published shall not be reconsidered, cancelled or taken another examination.
- If the students fail twice in the same class, he/she will be dismissed from school.
- There is no provision for the retest who fail to attend the Final Exam due to any sort of reasons.
- Every student must have at least 80 percent of attendance out of the total school attendance.